Monday, November 15, 2010

The Fight Within "ME"

As I woke up this morning I was thinking about this new journey that I am about to begin. Blogging? Are people going to really like what I share? Will my transparency be too much? What about all the commas, quotations and all the other writing techniques that I don't have? I continued to ask myself these questions because I have always had a battle with self-esteem and that would mess with my confidence. If one thought crossed my mind that people would not approve I would quickly take a step back and say nevermind. I always remind myself that the person that equips me with everything I will ever need is my Heavenly Father but does that mean those fleshly thoughts go away? NO.... This is the fight within me.

There are many beginnings locked inside of me that I never let come into perfect use because I would always stop at the sound of, "you can't do it." The world is sometimes intimidating BUT someone reminded me that God gives us different gifts and stories to reach different people(Imani). I already have what I need but in order for me to perfect what I have I must put these things into practice. Often I ask myself, why is it that we let worldy opinions stop us from doing the things that can help us reach GREATNESS? This is the fight and I am pretty sure I am NOT the only one that deals with it but its time for me to conquer it.

I have built a forever relationship with the Father and as I look to Him for guidance this fight will soon be over. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-disciplne." (2 Timothy 1:7)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment