Monday, November 15, 2010

A God of JOY

After reading last night I laid and really realized that even in the Christian life there are still many ups and downs. The reality of choosing to live a life like Christ is that there will be some challenging times. Even myself I sometimes get puzzled, annoyed, dampen to where I realize my joy is gone.

God said that sometimes these trials are there to develop godly character in our lives. So when you face a trial in your life don’t always look at it as the enemy, a punishment, a curse, but something that prompts rejoicing. Trials are there to produce joy. Not a joy that is mixed with sorrow pain and unhappiness but pure joy. Never give situations or circumstances an opportunity to rob you of your joy whether it be people, school, kids, the future , the past, the solution is to abide and be obedient to God’s word. This is why it is very important to remain close to God if we want to share this kind of Joy that comes from our father in Heaven.

It is a choice…Joy can be made so real when you choose to live in Gods joy. Surround yourself with those friends that will uplift you when you are going through major trouble to keep you on the right path. Even Jesus needed friends which is why fellowship is important. He did not intend on you having to go through the struggles in life alone. There will be circumstances that try and shake your faith people will try and discourage you and several other things there to distract you from what God truly wants you to enjoy. I am here to tell you again that God sometimes uses trouble to teach us to trust Him completely so even when things look terrible just TRUST. Be confident in your God your prayers knowing that everything will turn out just the way God promised.

John 15:10-11. "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

Galatians 5:22-23. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."

No comments:

Post a Comment